GIRLS GONE MILD
From Nantucket to Nosara: a blACKbook wellness retreat
As many of you know, I am a huge fan of places that are hard to get to. So when I decided to take the big trip from the Grey Lady to Nosara, I immediately knew I was in for a treat. This once sleepy surf town on the northwest coast of Costa Rica has certainly changed over the years… but with a mindful evolution of a resort town comes quality vacation experiences.
After a busy Stroll weekend of early libations and late night parties, I knew I needed a getaway … and saying yes to a wellness week was the perfect was to get bACK to neutral. Here is how my girls and I savored a week in NOSARA.
THE STAY… 7 Palmas
THE SURF… SAFARI SURF SCHOOL
In just two lessons, we were all surfing and catching wave after wave. It was a highlight for sure and these guys made us feel like we were just one of them… love this company! (And yes… I did get up… after the second lesson and it was one of the best feelings ever!) Find out more about this surf company below:
THE SAND: PLAYA GUIONES
THE SHIVASANA… BODHI TREE & HARMONY HOTEL
THE FULL NOSARA EXPERIENCE
EATS + DRINKS
…and when it comes to dining, you can’t go to Nosara without relishing a sunset and a unforgettable delicious dining experience at LA LUNA … this place feels like Galley Beach meets Costa Rica with a locally inspired menu (get the pizzas, ceviche and antipasti platter) and a beyond fresh cocktail list to boot! Bring that camera… you’re going to want to freeze time here!
11 NOSARA TRAVEL BLACKBOOK MUSTS:
1. BEST COLD PRESSED JUICE: BODHI TREE
2. AMAZING YOGA CLASS: HARMONY HOTEL
3. AUTHENTIC BREAKFAST SPOT: ROSI’S SODA TICA
4. HOT NEW COFFEE BAR: OLIA
5. HOT BOUTIQUE: BAZZAR
(and be sure to grab a dress and wear it to the owners’s amazing Tulum inspired restaurant LA CASA)
6. HOT PLACE FOR SUNSET: LA LUNA and any beach spot
7. BEST WAY TO GET AROUND: QUAD! get a 4×4!
8. DELISH TREAT: That Harmony Hotel Chocolate Chip Cookie
9. MUST HAVE COCKTAIL : Mango Jalepeno Margarita at BEACH DOG CAFE (ps… head their Tuesday nights for Open Mic Night!)
10. HOT LATE NIGHT SPOT: SKATE PARK
11. TOP LOCAL’S DINING OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Solada’s SODOS in GARZA
TRAVELING TO NOSARA:
until next time, Nosara… and there will most definitely be a next time!